The PRACTICAL COURSE OF NAUTICAL SKILLS AND BASICS OF SAILING is designed for those who have passed the Exam for a Boat Skipper Category B as well as for those who just want to pass it.
The PRACTICAL COURSE enables the participant to PRACTICE all the theoretical knowledge and skills she/he has gained in the exam and for that one who will be later prepared for the exam, will allow easier access to all the theoretical and practical contents necessary for successfully passing of the exam at the Croatian Ministry of sea, transportation and infrastructure or at the Harbor Master Office.
The participant will also master the basic practical skills of sailing.
The acquired new knowledge, experience and competence will enable you to independently, safely and skillfully manage your motorboat, sailboat, cruiser or yacht.
PROGRAM – PRACTICAL COURSE OF NAUTICAL SKILLS AND BASICS OF SAILING:
- introduction to the boat systems and equipment
- the practical renewal of the theoretical contents of the course for a boat skipper,
- maneuvering with the boat (navigation, steerage, docking, mooring, sailing, anchoring, buoy)
- navigation basics (navigation chart, electronic navigation and instruments – speedlog, depthlog, VHF, GPS – plotter)
- COLREG at sea – collision avoidance rules etc.
- boat light signals, daily shapes, sound signals
- theoretical and practical basics of sailing, knots
- sailing in practice (upwind, downwind, side wind, sails, ropes)
- boat engine basics
- safety on the boat.
Each participant participates in all maneuvers of the boat either as a boat leader or as a crew member in different roles with instructions and commentaries of the course leader and in practice passes through the entire course program.
CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION
After successful completion of the Practical course program, the participants will receive a Certificate of Completion.
DURATION, LOCATION AND TERMS OF EDUCATION:
The course is held for 3 days (Saturday 17 h till Tuesday 17 h or Wednesday 10 h till Saturday 10 h)
Terms: May, June / September, October, November – 2020.
3 DAYS COURSE GENERAL PROGRAM / ITINERARY
- general program / itinerary : 3 DAY COURSE PROGRAM .
ARRIVAL / RETURN:
Sukošan / Zadar / Biograd n / m / Trogir / Split (one of the listed ports)
- 12-14 m sailboat / cruiser with two or three cabins (4 to 6 participants), wc, lounge and kitchen, dingy with outboard
- sleeping experience and food preparation on sailboat
TYPES OF SAILBOATS USED FOR THE COURSE:
Bavaria 38 Cruiser:
|Length overall:||11.72 m|
|Berths:||6 + 2|
|Engine:||1 x 38.0 HP|
|Water tank:||360 l|
|Fuel tank:||150 l|
Bavaria 42 Match:
|Length overall:||12.46 m|
|Berths:||6 + 2|
|Steering type:||Steering Wheel|
|Engine:||1 x 55.0 HP|
|Water tank:||300 l|
|Fuel tank:||150 l|
|Max speed:||8 knot|
- the entire course program
- course leader, instructor
- boat costs (rent, mooring in the departure port)
- overnight stay on the boat
- manual with the course program
PRICE DOES NOT INCLUDE:
- food and drink (participants are organized in agreement with the course leader before or immediately upon arrival)
- the eventual costs for berths outside the departure port
- boat costs (fuel)
The expected additional costs, depending on the itinerary and the organization of the voyage, may range from 300,00 kn to 600,00 kn (40 – 80 €) per person.
OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION
Course participants are advised to bring appropriate clothing and shoes according to weather forecasts for the duration of the practical course and stay on the boat/sailboat, sleeping bag, personal hygiene maintenance items.
Detailed information about departure port as well as about the three-days practical course itinerary and all other information will be received by mail and/or telephone at least 15 days prior to the term of course.
3 – day practical courses are held when the attendance of the term is at least 75%.
Preorder with paid price of the Practical course should be done at the latest 30 days before the course.
In case of cancellation of the course by the organizer the paid amounts will be refunded to the payers.
APPLICATIONS AND PREORDERS:
mob: +385 99 3103095
PRACTICAL COURSE OF NAUTICAL SKILLS AND SAILING BASICS
3 – DAY COURSE – 2,800.00 kn (375,00 €) per person
Take your place for an experience that will awaken your passion for sea, boats and sailing along the coasts of more than a thousand islands of the Croatian Adriatic …
See you at the sea …