The PRACTICAL COURSE OF NAUTICAL SKILLS AND BASICS OF SAILING is designed for those who have passed the Exam for a Boat Skipper Category B or Category A as well as for those who just want to pass it.
The PRACTICAL COURSE enables the participants to PRACTICE all the theoretical knowledge and skills they have gained in the exam course, and for those who will be later prepared for the exam will allow easier access to all the theoretical and practical contents necessary for successfull passing of the exam at the Croatian Ministry of Maritime Affairs or at the Harbor Master Office.
The participants will also master the basic practical skills of sailing.
The acquired new knowledge, experience and competence will enable you to independently, safely and skillfully manage your motorboat, sailboat or cruiser.
PROGRAM – PRACTICAL COURSE OF NAUTICAL SKILLS AND BASICS OF SAILING:
- introduction to the boat systems and equipment
- the practical renewal of the theoretical contents of the course for a boat skipper,
- maneuvering with the boat (navigation, steerage, docking, mooring, sailing, anchoring, buoy)
- navigation basics (navigation chart, electronic navigation and instruments – speedlog, depthlog, VHF, GPS – plotter)
- COLREG at sea – collision avoidance rules
- boat light signals, daily shapes, sound signals
- theoretical and practical basics of sailing, knots
- sailing in practice (upwind,downdwind, sidewind, sails, ropes)
- boat engine basics
- safety on the boat.
Each participant participates in all maneuvers of the boat either as a boat leader or as a crew member in different roles with instructions and commentaries of the course leader and in practice passes through the entire course program.
CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETITION
After successful completion of the Practical course program, the participants will receive a Certificate of Completition.
DURATION, LOCATION AND TERMS OF EDUCATION:
The course is held for 3 days (Saturday 17h till Tuesday 17h or Wednesday 10h till Saturday 10h)
Terms: May, June / September, October, November – 2019.
3 DAYS COURSE GENERAL PROGRAM / ITINERARY
- general program / itinerary : 3 DAY COURSE PROGRAM .
ARRIVAL / RETURN:
Sukošan / Zadar / Biograd n / m / Trogir / Split (one of the listed ports)
- 12-14 m sailboat / cruiser with two or three cabins, wc, lounge and kitchen, auxiliary boat with outboard engine
- sleeping experience and food preparation on sailboat
TYPES OF SAILBOATS USED FOR COURSE:
Bavaria 38 Cruiser:
|Length overall:||11.72 m|
|Berths:||6 + 2|
|Engine:||1 x 38.0 HP|
|Water tank:||360 l|
|Fuel tank:||150 l|
Bavaria 42 Match:
|Length overall:||12.46 m|
|Berths:||6 + 2|
|Steering type:||Steering Wheel|
|Engine:||1 x 55.0 HP|
|Water tank:||300 l|
|Fuel tank:||150 l|
|Max speed:||8 knot|
In the case of extremely bad weather conditions provided by the time forecast for the course term, we reserve the right to cancel the course no later than three days before the offered term with the offer of the new term. In the case the new term does not match, we will return the amount paid for the course.
- the entire course program
- course leader, instructor
- boat costs (rent, mooring in the departure port)
- overnight stay on the boat
- manual with the course program
PRICE DOES NOT INCLUDE:
- food and drink (participants are organized in agreement with the course leader before or immediately upon arrival)
- the eventual costs for berths outside the departure port
- boat costs (fuel)
The expected additional costs, depending on the itinerary and the organization of the voyage, may range from 350,00 kn to 700,00 kn (50 – 100 €) per person.
OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION
Course participants are advised to bring appropriate clothing and shoes according to weather forecasts for the duration of the practical course and stay on the boat / sailboat, sleeping bag, personal hygiene maintenance items.
Detailed information about departure port as well as about the three-days practical course itinerary and all other information will be received by mail and/or telephone at least 15 days prior to the term of course.
3 – day practical courses are held when the attendance of the term is at least 80%.
APPLICATIONS AND PREORDERS:
mob: +385 99 3103095
PRACTICAL COURSE OF NAUTICAL SKILLS AND SAILING BASICS
3 – DAILY COURSE – 2,250.00 kn (300,00 €)
Take your place for an experience that will awaken your passion for sea, boats and sailing along the coasts of more than a thousand islands of the Croatian Adriatic …
See you at the sea …